Sunday 8 December 2013

E-Voting for Pakistan

Why NOT E-Voting for Pakistan?




Pakistan is a society of people who can protest on killing of political / religious people, on rigging in elections but not for the real cause which is used to rig election in Pakistan since long. Yes I am talking about emerging technology in our Electoral Process i.e. E-Voting / Online Voting.

While researching about it, I was shocked to know that our neighboring country India is using E-voting since 1999! It’s been 14 years India is using this technology and here we are using those ballots which are usually stamped by political parties & changed (for rigging). I didn't find any political party arguing or demanding to introduce E-Voting.

It was first time PTI participated in Elections & they were expecting to clean sweep but after elections they said that elections were rigged. Reason is same that we are following ballots TECHNOLOGY! Why our political parties are not forcing Election commission of Pakistan to emerge E-Voting system in Pakistan. Trust me, it will change the entire system of voting in Pakistan. I know these status quo parties won’t be demanding for E-voting because almost every party have fixed there polling stations to rig elections. But parties who claims that they are against status quo and wants free and fair election should raise their voice in favor of e-voting.



Srilanka’s election commission is already working on introducing E-voting in their elections. Even Bangladesh have used Electronic Voting Machine in Dhaka City Corporation as pilot and soon they will emerge it in their general elections. But the worst part is our election commission is occupied in printing of ballot papers & purchasing magnetic inks. Even none of our local/International NGO’s & civil societies are not raising their voice on introducing E-voting.




As an individual, I am starting working on campaign in favor of E-Voting in Pakistan. I would like to invite all of you to join this noble cause. You can contact me through my blog or contact details available here, I will connect you in my campaign loop.


No comments:

Post a Comment