Monday 29 April 2013

Movie Review of Chambaili



Chambaili

 


 After “Khuda kay Liye”, I didn’t watched any Pakistani movie. Although “BOL” was a big hit as well but it didn’t convinced me to go to Cinema for watching it. Khuda Kay Liye was a super hit movie & bit controversial as well. Since that, I waited for 2 movies, one is Kaptaan which is yet under process & another one is Shahzad Nawaz’s Chambaili. I met Shahzad Nawaz 2 years back in Youth Parliament’s session. He visited us in some event organized by Youth parliament. I found him a very genuine, straight forward person. He also appreciates my speech during session, and from there we exchange our contact numbers & facebook ids. From Shahzad Nawaz’s status I get to know about his movie, since that day I have decided to watch this movie on cinema.

Finally release date was announced and that was 26 of April Friday. We plan a Tweet-Up (Twitter Meet up) on 27th April for Movie along with the assistant producer of Chambaili Moiz Masoor. I know Moiz through twitter & found him as genuine as Shahzad Nawaz is. All thanks to Farman for booking our tickets for movie. Me, Adeel, Priyanka, Vishal, Tuba, Tuba’s cousin, Farman & Moiz watched Chambaili together.

 
During Whole movie, most impressive character was of Moosa. His dialogue delivery & body language was very impressive. Dialogues of Chambaili are really outstanding. I mean I have never seen any movie with such well written Urdu dialogues. Especially:

 

“Tum Aam sahi per Aham ho, Tum kuch nhe ye Weham hai”.

“Apnay Anghoto per Kalak mal lo, iss se pehlay k Monh per koi Kalak malde”.

& the poem “Sotay raho mere Bhai” which was also featured in song “DUDUGI”.

 
 
 

I have witnessed round of applause several times by people sitting in cinema during whole movie. Chambaili is perfect for motivating everyone specially youth to cast their vote. Role of middle class in changing this whole political scenario was presented very well. People might criticize role of Hazrat in the movie, but it’s a harsh reality of our society and the style of presenting this is highly appreciated. Worst thing which happens with us was the ending of the movie, when newly elected President was announcing immediate actions for the betterment of “Yaadgar Colony” was censored or may be CUT by cinema. My interest was in it as I really want to know what kind of immediate actions can be taken according to writer & which political party’s manifesto is like that. But unfortunately it was censored.



Overall experience was great specially watching movie with assistant producer was a great experience. During entire movie, Moiz’s complete concentration was on every scene. May be he was recalling his memories that how they have shot this single scene and what problems they have faced while shooting. I am not a critic nor expert who can give marks, but if I would asked to give marks to Chambaili. I would give 9 out of 10 to Chambaili. It’s really a motivating movie, and a great effort by Shahzad Nawaz, I would suggest everyone to watch it. This will be a token of appreciation for the entire Team and for the revival of Pakistani cinema specially Socio-Politic cinema.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment